Don’t use social media if you don’t want to listen or connect with your target audience. It’ll backfire.
How to surf the net on a Vista laptop by using the “Mobile network” connection on the Hero?
0. Install HTC Sync on Vista
1. Turn on “Mobile network” HSPA connection on Hero
2. Connect Hero to PC via USB cable. If it prompted to install a new driver but auto search for driver failed, manually point it to the “inf” file in C:\Program Files\HTC\HTC Driver\Driver Files\Vista_x86
3. On Hero: Menu > Settings > Wireless Controls > Mobile network sharing (click to turn on)
=> Skip this step if you forgot to do Step-5 previously cos it’ll auto connect
4. It may take 3-5 mins to connect. Monitor the handshake process by clicking once on the network connection icon in the system tray on the laptop (assume Vista). When you see this, the tethering is complete and successful:
Currently connected to:
<Some new network name>
Access: Local and Internet
5. When you are done tethering, turn it off on Hero:
Menu > Settings > Wireless Controls > Mobile network sharing (click to turn off)
=> It’s better to turn off to prevent accidental use while charging phone
6. Turn off “Mobile network” HSPA connection on Hero