Venerable Thubten Chodron shared some useful advice about how young Buddhist leaders can benefit others and themselves in a recent dialogue with youths.
Organised and compiled by Ow Yeong Wai Kit:
- Think deeply and set your own priorities.
- Consider the advice of elders and seniors, but make your own decisions.
- Manage conflicts openly and calmly.
- Be flexible with your plans.
- Think carefully before making commitments.
- Balance time and resources to increase effectiveness.
- Evaluate monastic and lay teachers before accepting their teachings.
- Reach out to nominal Buddhists by emphasizing the Buddha’s love and compassion.
- Be sensitive to the differences between people.
- Develop self-confidence.